The Ultimate Block Party
Sunday, June 5, 2011
11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Rain or shine
at Toronto’s Fort York National Historic Site
- Play in 25 play centres with artists, scientists and educators.
- Enjoy interactive musical performances at the Bandshell.
- Visit the Story Corner and play with language.
- Talk to “play doctors” to learn more about play-based learning
Your Playbook – A guide to the Ultimate Block Party
- Pack a snack! Free water will be available.
- This event is wheelchair accessible
Getting to Fort York National Historic Site: To avoid congestion and be environmentally friendly, we encourage you to take transit! Fort York is located at 250 Fort York Blvd. between Bathurst and Strachan Avenue, one block north of Lakeshore Blvd.
Public Transit: Take the 511 streetcar south from Bathurst subway station. Get off at Fort York Blvd. and proceed west to the Fort York West entrance.
By Car: From Gardiner eastbound: exit at Lakeshore Blvd., proceed past the C.N.E., turn left at Fort York Blvd., left at entrance way, right on Garrison Road to parking lot located at West Gate. From Gardiner westbound: take Spadina off-ramp and keep right for Lakeshore Blvd. to Fort York Blvd.
Parking: Parking is available in the main lot situated at the West Gate entrance via Fort York Blvd. Proceeds of parking support Fort York and the Fort York Guard and Drums. All parking is wheelchair accessible.